CFP Board Ethics Content
Effective October 1, 2018, the Ethics CE program curriculum will introduce CFP® professionals to the new Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct. This program content will remain active through December 31, 2020 to ensure all CFP® professionals have the opportunity to participate.
Please review all documents associated with your selected delivery model. These documents provide the content and activity options required to plan your program including specific instructions for their use.
Last Update: June 5, 2019
2020 UPDATED ETHICS CE CONTENT
CFP Board has adopted an updated Ethics CE program that will go into effect on October 1, 2020.
For this update, the Continuing Education team worked with a volunteer Advisory Group composed of CFP® professionals, with members representing perspectives from educational providers, as well as across the CFP® professional community. The work of these volunteers was shared with the CFP Board Professional Standards & Legal team to complete this program update.
These are updated materials and should not be used alongside the existing Ethics CE program.
Below are the updated Ethics CE materials.
- UPDATED 2020- PRESENTATION TEMPLATE (LIVE AND SELF-STUDY): Presented in PowerPoint format, the content contained in this slide-deck is recommended for any Ethics CE presentation. Any changes made to the presentation must be submitted for review through CESponsor@cfpboard.org before the program goes live.
- UPDATED 2020- CE SPONSOR GUIDE- SELF-STUDY (ONLINE) PROGRAM DELIVERY 2020: Includes presentation guidelines, assessment requirements, agenda, and rubric.
- UPDATED 2020- CE SPONSOR & INSTRUCTOR GUIDE: LIVE PROGRAM DELIVERY: Includes presentation guidelines, assessment requirements, agenda, and instructor eligibility.
- UPDATED 2020- EVALUATION TEMPLATE - LIVE PROGRAM DELIVERY: CE Sponsors can brand and customize this evaluation template in whatever manner they view appropriate. Evaluations should be scanned and emailed to CESponsor@cfpboard.org or this link should be shared with attendees: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CFPBoardEthicsCE.
- UPDATED 2020- ETHICS CE LIVE PRESENTATION: POLLING QUESTIONS: A series of quick response polling questions are provided to engage participants in a live instruction environment. Any or all of the questions can be incorporated into the live presentation.
Please direct any questions related to Ethics CE to CESponsor@cfpboard.org or 202-379-2227.
LIVE PROGRAM MATERIALS
CE Sponsor and Instructor Guide - Live Program Delivery: Includes detailed instructions, as referenced above for proper use of the content and activities as well as other pertinent details related to a successful live program delivery.
Ethics CE Polling Questions - Live Programs: Organized by Learning Objective, CFP Board has developed a short quiz that can be used as an icebreaker at the start of the program or at the end. In addition, CFP Board has provided a series of polling questions that an instructor can insert anywhere into the program using Kahoot!, or other polling system or just a show of hands.
Kahoot! Instructor Guide: Kahoot! is an online interactive tool that can be used, at no cost, for live polling, impromptu quizzes or other audience activities associated with a Live program. This guide includes instructions for using this software and accessing activities already built for your use.
Kahoot! Instructions for Attendees Includes simple to follow instructions for your attendees to access and use the software. Copy these instructional slides to your presentation.
Evaluation Template - Live Program Delivery: CE Sponsors can brand and customize this evaluation template in whatever manner they view appropriate.
SELF-STUDY PROGRAM MATERIALS
- CE Sponsor Guide - Self-Study (Online) Program Delivery: Includes detailed instructions, as referenced above for proper use of the content and activities as well as other pertinent details related to the final assessment and program evaluation.
- Ethics CE Pop Up Questions - Self-Study (Online): Organized by Learning Objective, this short quiz developed by CFP Board can be used as an introduction to the program or at the end before access to the assessment. In addition, CFP Board has provided a series of pop-up questions that can be insert anywhere into the program.
- Ethics CE Final Program Assessment – Self-Study (Online):When the Ethics CE program submission is accepted, CFP Board will email the final assessment to the CE Sponsor Main Point of Contact so program development can begin.
- CFP Board Program Evaluation Rubric- Self-Study (Online):Once development is complete, the CE Sponsor will provide CFP Board with access to the program for review. CFP Board will use this rubric to determine if the required elements are present.
- Timed Agenda - Submission Ready: This agenda includes the detail necessary for States CE review and approval. Provides a breakdown of the 120-minute session.
- Ethics CE Requirements - Live Program Delivery: Short one-page document outlining the required elements for Live program delivery.
- Ethics CE Requirements - Live Webinar Delivery: Short one-page document outlining the required elements for Live Webinar delivery.
- Ethics CE Requirements - Self-Study (Online) Delivery: Short one-page document outlining the required elements for Self-Study (Online) program delivery.
- Online at www.CFP.net