CFP Board Ethics Content
Effective October 1, 2018, the Ethics CE program curriculum will introduce CFP® professionals to the new Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct. This program content will remain active through December 31, 2020 to ensure all CFP® professionals have the opportunity to participate.
Please review all documents associated with your selected delivery model. These documents provide the content and activity options required to plan your program including specific instructions for their use.
Last Update: October 1, 2020
2020 UPDATED ETHICS CE CONTENT
CFP Board has adopted an updated Ethics CE program that will go into effect on October 1, 2020.
For this update, the Continuing Education team worked with a volunteer Advisory Group composed of CFP® professionals, with members representing perspectives from educational providers, as well as across the CFP® professional community. The work of these volunteers was shared with the CFP Board Professional Standards & Legal team to complete this program update.
Below are the updated Ethics CE materials.
- UPDATED 2020- PRESENTATION TEMPLATE (LIVE AND SELF-STUDY): Presented in PowerPoint format, the content contained in this slide-deck is recommended for any Ethics CE presentation. Any changes made to the presentation must be submitted for review through CESponsor@cfpboard.org before the program goes live.
- UPDATED 2020- CE SPONSOR GUIDE- SELF-STUDY (ONLINE) PROGRAM DELIVERY 2020: Includes presentation guidelines, assessment requirements, agenda, and rubric.
- UPDATED 2020- CE SPONSOR & INSTRUCTOR GUIDE: LIVE PROGRAM DELIVERY: Includes presentation guidelines, assessment requirements, agenda, and instructor eligibility.
- UPDATED 2020- EVALUATION TEMPLATE - LIVE PROGRAM DELIVERY: CE Sponsors can brand and customize this evaluation template in whatever manner they view appropriate. Evaluations should be scanned and emailed to CESponsor@cfpboard.org or this link should be shared with attendees: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CFPBoardEthicsCE.
- UPDATED 2020- ETHICS CE LIVE PRESENTATION: POLLING QUESTIONS: A series of quick response polling questions are provided to engage participants in a live instruction environment. Any or all of the questions can be incorporated into the live presentation.
Please direct any questions related to Ethics CE to CESponsor@cfpboard.org or 202-379-2227.