2021 Virtual Diversity Summit and Career Fair
November 17, 2021 - 12:00 PM - November 19, 2021 - 4:00 PM
Join us for the 2021 Virtual Diversity Summit focused on actionable solutions to advance diversity and inclusion (D&I) in financial planning. The theme of the fourth annual Summit is Metrics that Matter, highlighting qualitative and quantitative metrics for firms’ workforce and culture by experts and practitioners.
The event will also feature a Virtual Career Fair focused on candidates who are women and people of color that will connect employers with CFP® professionals, students and other qualified candidates through one-on-one video chats.
All programming will be conducted virtually, with sessions held between the hours of 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm, Eastern Time. The Virtual Career Fair will take place on November 19.
There is no cost to attend. Registration opens in July.
WHAT IS ON THE AGENDA?
- The release of a new thought leadership report
- Case study profiling successful diversity initiatives
- Actionable recommendations that firms can apply to their diversity and inclusion efforts
- "CFP® Pro Talks” featuring personal reflections from CFP® professionals of color
- Executive Roundtable highlighting firm leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion
- Discussion on benefits of financial planning careers from diverse perspectives
- Virtual Career Fair connecting employers with diverse job seekers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Executives, D&I professionals and talent recruiters from financial services firms
- Program directors from colleges and universities with financial planning programs
- Organizations with diverse constituencies of talent
- Financial planning practitioners and students
- D&I experts
WHO WILL BE SPEAKING?
The event will feature prominent thought leaders within and beyond the financial planning profession. Speakers will be added to this page when they are announced.
Last year’s speakers included:
- Mellody Hobson, Co-CEO & President, Ariel Investments
- Andy Sieg, President of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Bernie Clark, EVP and Head of Schwab Advisor Services, Charles Schwab
- Sharon Epperson, CNBC Senior Personal Finance Correspondent
- Brian Lamb, Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, JPMorgan Chase
For information on sponsorship opportunities, contact Joshua Humbert, Director, Philanthropic Strategies, at email@example.com or 202-379-2278.
DONATIONSYour gift will continue to support the Center for Financial Planning's ongoing programs, like the Diversity Summits, that are aimed at addressing the most critical challenges to a more diverse and sustainable financial planning profession.
ABOUT THE CENTER’S DIVERSITY SUMMITS
The CFP Board Center for Financial Planning launched in 2015 with a big vision – to ensure every American has access to competent and ethical financial planning advice. This vision can only become a reality with a more diverse and sustainable financial planning profession. However, only 23% of CFP® professionals are women and only 4.2% are Black or Latino.
The Summits bring together firms, academic institutions, partner organizations and CFP® professionals in a collective effort to create a more diverse profession through research, case studies, best practices and actionable initiatives. Learn more about the Center’s past Diversity Summits.