2021 Virtual Diversity Summit
November 17, 2021 - 12:00 PM - November 19, 2021 - 4:00 PM
The 4th Annual Diversity Summit was held November 17th & 18th, 2021, with a focus on actionable solutions to advance diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in financial planning. The theme of the summit was Metrics that Matter, highlighting qualitative and quantitative metrics for firms’ workforce and culture by experts and practitioners. Available sessions from the event can be accessed here.
WHAT IS ON THE AGENDA?
- The release of a new thought leadership report
- Case study profiling successful diversity initiatives
- Actionable recommendations that firms can apply to their diversity and inclusion efforts
- "CFP® Pro Talks” featuring personal reflections from CFP® professionals of color
- Executive Roundtable highlighting firm leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion
- Discussion on benefits of financial planning careers from diverse perspectives
- Virtual Career Fair connecting employers with diverse job seekers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Executives, D&I professionals and talent recruiters from financial services firms
- Program directors from colleges and universities with financial planning programs
- Organizations with diverse constituencies of talent
- Financial planning practitioners and students
- D&I experts
For information on sponsorship opportunities, contact D.A. Abrams, Managing Director, Center for Financial Planning, at DAAbrams@cfpboard.org or 202-379-2270.
DONATIONSYour gift will continue to support the Center for Financial Planning's ongoing programs, like the Diversity Summits, that are aimed at addressing the most critical challenges to a more diverse and sustainable financial planning profession.
ABOUT THE CENTER’S DIVERSITY SUMMITS
The CFP Board Center for Financial Planning launched in 2015 with a big vision – to ensure every American has access to competent and ethical financial planning advice. This vision can only become a reality with a more diverse and sustainable financial planning profession. However, only 23% of CFP® professionals are women and only 4.2% are Black or Latino.
The Summits bring together firms, academic institutions, partner organizations and CFP® professionals in a collective effort to create a more diverse profession through research, case studies, best practices and actionable initiatives. Learn more about the Center’s past Diversity Summits.