Updated Terms and Conditions of Certification and Trademark License, effective June 30, 2020
CFP Board has announced that the Terms and Conditions of Certification and Trademark License ("Terms") have been revised, effective June 30, 2020.
Read the full text of the revised Terms and review a redlined copy of the revised Terms.
The Terms set forth the contractual agreement between CFP Board and each individual CFP® professional. CFP Board periodically updates the Terms, and these latest revisions to the Terms introduce technical revisions that improve the quality of the document, in addition to these changes:
- Updated references to align the Terms with CFP Board's new Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct and Procedural Rules.
- Clarification that the “License” is a “Trademark License.”
- Clarification that a CFP® professional was required to comply with, and was bound by, CFP Board’s Standards and Policies from the first date of certification through the date of the Terms.
- Clarification that CFP Board has the right to revoke the certification of any CFP® professional who had not satisfied the certification requirements or Fitness Standards for Candidates and Professionals Eligible for Reinstatement in place at the time the CFP® professional was granted certification.
- Clarification that if a Respondent does not appeal an Order to the Appeals Committee, the Respondent may not challenge the Order or assert any claim arising from or related to such Order in any forum.
- A new requirement that a Respondent file an Arbitration within 60 days of any final decision of the Appeals Committee.
CFP Board encourages all CFP® professionals and candidates for CFP® certification to familiarize themselves with the revised Terms.
Questions concerning this Notice may be directed to Leo G. Rydzewski, General Counsel, at 800-487-1497 or firstname.lastname@example.org