Center for Financial Planning Launch Event Available for On-Demand Viewing
On November 18, 2015, in New York City, CFP Board held an event marking the launch of CFP Board's Center for Financial Planning, a groundbreaking new effort to address the challenges currently confronting the financial planning profession. Sessions from the event were streamed via a live webcast, and recordings from the webcast are now available for on-demand viewing.
Sessions available for on-demand viewing include:
- Introductory remarks by Rich Rojeck, CFP®, 2015 Chair of CFP Board's Board of Directors
- An Introduction to the Center for Financial Planning by Kevin Keller, CEO of CFP Board
- A Keynote Presentation by Tom Nally, President of TD Ameritrade Institutional, the Center's Lead Founding Sponsor
- A Panel Discussion on Workforce Development and Diversity
- A Panel Discussion on the Profession's Academic Home and Body of Knowledge
The Center for Financial Planning is committed to taking a research-based and solutions-oriented approach to building a 21st century financial planner workforce that can meet Americans' growing need for competent, ethical financial advice. It will leverage our profession's collective resources to attract and develop the next generation of financial planning professionals, foster greater diversity within the financial planning workforce, and establish an academic home for faculty in our profession and related disciplines.
To learn more about how you can become involved with the Center and help advance its mission in a meaningful way, visit the Center's website, www.centerforfinancialplanning.org.