The Envestnet Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The Envestnet Scholarship offers scholarships to qualified individuals who can demonstrate financial need and are from underrepresented populations within the financial planning profession. Envestnet has partnered with the Center for Financial Planning on this endeavor as part of its Envestnet Institute on Campus program, which is designed to provide the asset and wealth management industry with a talented, diverse pool of workforce-ready interns and entry-level employees.
The scholarship awards up to $5,000 to students seeking to complete a CFP Board Registered Certificate program that would qualify them to sit for the CFP® exam. Individuals eligible for the scholarship will have a demonstrated financial need and come from underrepresented populations within the financial planning profession in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.
Applications will be reviewed by an independent Scholarship Review Panel comprised of CFP® professionals. Scholarship recipients will have up to 6 months to enroll in a Certificate Program and up to 2 years to complete their program in order to receive their full award.
- Must be a U.S. resident;
- Must possess an undergraduate degree;
- Must be enrolled in a CFP Board-Registered Certificate Program, or a prospective candidate who will matriculate in a CFP Board-Registered Certificate Program within 6 months;
- Must be from an underrepresented population within the financial planning profession in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation;
- Must have a demonstrated financial need, as explained in an essay to be submitted during the application process;
- Must be eligible to become a CFP® professional as outlined in the CFP Board Fitness Standards and will be required to provide documentation of certificate program costs and other costs associated with their CFP® certification prior to receiving their award;
- Must exhibit professionalism and dignity and demonstrate the ability to enhance and maintain the profession’s public image. Applicants that are selected to proceed to the final round of the application review process will be subject to a background check.
Please note that applications will only be accepted through the online portal. Please do not attempt to submit application materials (other than official transcripts) via mail, fax or email.
When submitting application essays and materials, please pay close attention to spelling, grammar and presentation.