Aspiriant Impact Scholarship
about the scholarship
cultivating a diverse workforce
The Aspiriant Impact Scholarship aims to advance the financial planning profession by supporting the development of aspiring financial planners from underrepresented communities and expanding diversity efforts within the profession.
Aspiriant, a leading independent wealth management firm, has partnered with the Center for Financial Planning on this scholarship to align our shared values and goals in attracting and developing the next generation of forward-thinking financial planners. This scholarship aims to cultivate a quality workforce with a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve diversity within the financial planning profession, in the spirit of Aspiriant’s Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging initiative.
The scholarship awards up to $5,000 per student seeking to complete a certificate-level CFP Board-Registered program or up to $10,000 per student seeking to complete an undergraduate-level CFP Board Registered Program, either of which would qualify the student to sit for the CFP® exam. The scholarship will support outstanding enrolled students with a diverse background or who demonstrate financial need — not limited in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, disability and sexual orientation.
Applications will be reviewed by a Scholarship Review Panel comprised of CFP® professionals from the Center for Financial Planning and Aspiriant.
- Must be a U.S. resident.
- Must possess or be in the process of completing an undergraduate degree.
- Enrolled or in the process of enrolling in a certificate-level or undergraduate-level CFP Board Registered Program. Must provide documentation of program enrollment and costs prior to receiving the award.
- Must be from an underrepresented population within the financial planning profession in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation, AND/OR must have a demonstrated financial need, as explained in an essay to be submitted during the application process.
- Must demonstrate commitment to the financial planning profession, as explained in an essay to be submitted during the application process.
- Must exhibit professionalism and dignity and demonstrate the ability to enhance and maintain the profession’s public image. Applicants who are selected to proceed to the final round of the application review process will be required to pass a background check indicating eligibility to become a CFP® professional.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to provide documentation of certificate or undergraduate program enrollment (e.g., academic transcript, official course completion letters) and costs prior to receiving their award.
- If not enrolled at the time of applying, scholarship awardees will have up to 3 months to enroll or forfeit the award.
Applicants who are selected to proceed to the final round of the application review process will be required to pass a background check conducted by CFP Board.
Please note that applications will only be accepted through this webpage. Please do not attempt to submit application materials (other than official transcripts) via mail, fax or email.
When submitting application essays and materials, please pay close attention to spelling, grammar and presentation, as that will be factored into the grading process.
Scholarship awards will be disbursed in two equal installments. To receive the first installment, recipients will have to demonstrate proof of enrollment in a certificate or undergraduate-level CFP Board Registered Program. If not currently enrolled, recipients will have up to 3 months to enroll after being notified of the award. The second installment will be awarded either upon completing a certificate or undergraduate-level CFP Board Registered Program (if the awardee has already started coursework), or when the awardee is half-way through the Program (if the awardee has not yet started coursework).
Fall 2022 scholarship applicants will be notified of the award decision via email by mid-December 2022. If you have a question about the status of your application, please contact us at email@example.com.
The next application window will open in 2023.