Developing a study strategy and preparing in advance of your CFP® exam will help you build confidence in your knowledge of the material and increase your chances for success.
What Makes a Good Exam Strategy?
Elements of a successful exam strategy can include:
- Understanding the exam. Gaining a solid understanding of the exam format and its components and knowledge areas will help you outline a study plan.
- Developing a study plan. Outline a realistic plan that gives you adequate time for learning and reviewing the information related to the major topics on the exam.
- Creating a supportive environment. Find a study space free from distractions. In addition, reach out to your work place and family for support and understanding of your priorities and needs during this time.
- Taking practice exams. Incorporating practice tests and learning from practice questions is an essential part of a CFP® exam study plan.
- Finding a review course. Like many exam takers, you may find that a review course can help you incorporate the knowledge from your certification coursework into an approach to the questions on the exam.
Use these tactics and tips to help you get prepared for exam day.