What to Expect on Exam Day
The check-in process verifies your identity and assures that nothing enters the testing room that could jeopardize the security of the exam.
What to ExpectAt the testing center, you will be:
- Assigned a locker and key and must store all personal belongings in the assigned locker.
- Required to present a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID for verification.
- Required to permit the electronic capture of fingerprints and a photograph. A fingerprint scan is captured each time a candidate enters or leaves the exam room. Asked to verify that there is nothing in their pockets (pull-out pockets) before entering the exam room.
- Scanned using a portable wand (much like the body scan by TSA at the airport).
- Asked to submit calculators for inspection per the CFP Board’s Calculator Policy, and to clear each calculator’s memory before entering the exam room.
- Monitored by video camera surveillance and test center proctors. The digital video recordings are retained until exam results are official.
Noise-cancelling headphones are available at the testing center, but are optional.