Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
February 9-10, 2017
Bringing Practice to Theory
Join us for the 2017 CFP Board Registered Program Conference February 9–10, 2017, immediately following the Academic Research Colloquium for Financial Planning and Related Disciplines organized by the CFP Board Center for Financial Planning.
The theme, Bringing Practice to Theory, will be a platform for furthering our discipline relative to specific subject matter areas, engaging students both within the classroom and in online learning platforms, as well as facilitating certificate and degree-seeking students’ journeys toward CFP® certification.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Subject matter experts and researchers are encouraged to submit proposals that focus on furthering the discipline and enriching current practice.
Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Facilitate students’ pathways to CFP® Certification
- Offer guidance and resources related to student assessment in financial planning education
- Illustrate effective avenues for preparing students to enter financial planning practice
- Offer guidance regarding engagement of adult learners in the classroom or learning platform
- Focus on student retention, incorporating avenues to encourage students to complete programs of study and obtain CFP® Certification
- Introduce empirical research designed to enhance curriculum and instruction in financial planning education programs
- Emphasize integration and application of course content into real-world situations and scenarios
- Incorporate technology to enhance student achievement
- Offer instructional strategies suitable for certificate, baccalaureate, and graduate programs
- Incorporate cross-disciplinary instruction, utilizing faculty and research from an area of study traditionally outside of financial planning education
Proposal Submission Deadline: October 15, 2016
Download the Call for Proposals for complete submission requirements.
Please note that all presenters will be required to register for the Conference.
For information about Conference registration and hotel accommodations, click the button below. The discounted early bird registration rate is available until November 1, 2016.
Register to Attend
SPONSORS & EXHIBITORS
CFP Board's Registered Program Conference is a prime opportunity to showcase your products and services. Sponsoring conference activities and exhibiting at this event are great ways to get in front of potential prospects. Those interested in sponsorship or exhibitor opportunities for the 2017 conference may contact Kristen Russi at email@example.com or 202-379-2257.
Please note that there will be no 2016 CFP Board Registered Program Conference. The next conference will be held in February 2017 in conjunction with the inaugural Academic Research Colloquium.