Thank you for your interest in becoming an Advocate for CFP Board’s Women’s Initiative (WIN). WIN Advocates are CFP® professionals designated by CFP Board who will work in their communities to get the word out that financial planning can be a rewarding career for women.
ROLE OF WIN ADVOCATES
The following are some of the ways in which you can get involved as a WIN Advocate:
- Tell your story – why you became a CFP® professional – to audiences of girls, professional women, and students
- Identify opportunities to speak at professional conferences and networking events (CFP Board will also pass along local speaking opportunities to WIN Advocates)
- Raise awareness within your own firm about WIN and the importance of gender diversity
- Write an article for the newsletters of your membership organization or alumni publication
- Join social media groups and spread the WIN message
- Encourage other CFP® professionals to become WIN Advocates
To learn more about the WIN Advocate program, please view our recorded webinar, “CFP Board’s Women's Initiative: How CFP® Professionals Can Get Involved,” which presents the highlights from WIN research and provides more detail on ways in which you can get involved.
WIN Advocates are provided access to a comprehensive toolkit of resources that make it easy to spread the word.
- Scripted presentations intended for general and professional audiences
- "A Great Career for Women" brochure that can be shared with women colleagues and acquaintances
- Short video clips featuring women CFP® professionals to use in presentations and social media
- Frequently Asked Questions to help you prepare for questions you may encounter from the audience
- Fact sheet on WIN research
- Communication tools and templates
- Sample letter to send to organizations that may be interested in hosting a WIN presentation
- List of women’s organizations to contact
- Summary descriptions of presentation material
- Presentation tips
- Sample Tweets
CFP Board staff is also available to assist you with WIN activities and help you prepare for speaking engagements.
Please complete the form below to indicate your interest in becoming a WIN Advocate. After your registration has been reviewed, CFP Board will send you instructions to access the WIN Toolkit.
If you have questions about becoming a WIN Advocate or using the Toolkit, please contact us at WIN@cfpboard.org.