The Milton Stern Scholars Fund
About the Scholarship
The Milton Stern Scholars Fund is a scholarship program that honors the late Milton Stern’s memory, professionalism, and contributions to the financial planning profession under the CFP Board Center for Financial Planning. The purpose of the Milton Stern Scholars Fund is to offer scholarships for students seeking to complete a CFP Board Registered Certificate Program that qualifies them to take the CFP® certification exam.
The scholarship awards up to $5,000 to students seeking to complete a CFP Board Registered Certificate program that would qualify them to sit for the CFP® exam. Applications will be reviewed by an independent Scholarship Review Panel comprised of CFP® professionals. Scholarship recipients will have up to 6 months to enroll in a Certificate Program and up to 2 years to complete their program in order to receive their full award.
- Must possess an undergraduate degree;
- Must be enrolled in a CFP Board-Registered Certificate Program, or a prospective candidate who will matriculate in a CFP Board-Registered Certificate Program within 6 months;
- Demonstrated commitment to the financial planning profession, as explained in an essay to be submitted during the application process. In the essay, the candidate should explain why she or he wants to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional;
- Demonstrated financial need, as explained in an essay to be submitted during the application process. In the essay, the candidate should explain why she or he has a financial need for the scholarship;
- Must exhibit professionalism and dignity and demonstrate the ability to enhance and maintain the profession’s public image. Applicants that are selected to proceed to the final round of the application review process will be required to pass a background check;
- Scholarship recipients must be eligible to become a CFP® professional and will be required to provide documentation of certificate program costs prior to receiving their award;
- Scholarships are awarded regardless of age, race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
Please note that applications will only be accepted through the online portal. Please do not attempt to submit application materials (other than official transcripts) via mail, fax or email.
When submitting application essays and materials, please pay close attention to spelling, grammar and presentation.
Deadline for Submissions
Please continue to monitor this site for updates on the application window.
The Milton Stern Scholars Fund is part of the CFP Board Center for Financial Planning’s scholarship program, designed to attract and develop the next generation of financial planners.
I am truly grateful that the family of Milton Stern chose to carry on his legacy in such a thoughtful way. I look forward to approaching financial planning with a new depth and perspective. I feel strongly that every family deserves to have a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ on their team.