There are more than 70,000 professionals in the United States authorized by CFP Board to use the CFP® certification marks. A significant number of those CFP® professionals are employed by a small number of national firms. CFP Board enjoys strong working relationships with many of these firms and helps support internal efforts to increase the number of CFP® professionals and to make sure that firms have an accurate understanding of the requirements for CFP® certification.
Why CFP® Certification is good for your firm
Learn more about how we work with employers
The Value of CFP® Certification for Firms
The need for personal financial planning expertise is greater than ever, and CFP® certification is the financial planning designation most recognized by consumers and most desired within the financial services industry. CFP® certification can be a key differentiator for firms and individual financial professionals looking to improve the quality of their advice and provide additional value to clients
CFP Board Career Center
The CFP Board Career Center provides an opportunity for firms to connect with those who hold or are pursuing the highest standard — CFP® certification. The Career Center can help streamline your hiring process by providing targeted access to highly-qualified financial planning professionals. Visit the CFP Board Career Center Access Career Center Resources for Employers
Resources & Updates
CFP Board can assist your firm in these ways:
- Collateral materials to support internal efforts to encourage certification.
- Updates about CFP Board policies and procedures that may impact CFP® professionals or candidates for CFP Board's certification at the firm.
- Firm Reports, which show those CFP® professionals who have reported an affiliation with a firm, allowing the firm to recognize newly certified individuals or to identify those who are close to their renewal date.
- The opportunity to join CFP Board and other firms at an annual meeting to discuss CFP® certification and financial planning in the context of a corporate environment.
- Personal visits and a contact within CFP Board to answer questions.
To learn more about how CFP Board can support the efforts of firms, please contact John Loper, CFP®, CFP Board’s Director of Corporate Relations, at email@example.com.