2022 Academic Research Colloquium
October 24 - 25, 2022
2022 ARC Call for Papers
The steering committee welcomes papers on the following topics that relate directly or indirectly to financial planning practice/financial planning body of knowledge:
- Financial planning
- Behavioral finance
- Household finance
- Human sciences
- Diversity & inclusion in financial planning
- Psychology and human decision-making
- Financial therapy, literacy and wellness
- Consumer finance and regulation
- Policy implications in financial planning
- Cryptocurrency & portfolios
- Financial Technology
To submit your paper or abstract, visit and read instructions located on the 2022 ARC submission webpage. Papers already accepted for publication in a refereed journal will not be considered. It is expected that submitted abstracts result in completed papers before presentation at the colloquium.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2022
Financial Planning Review Dual Submission:
This year, authors have the opportunity to dually submit completed papers for consideration to be featured in a 2023 issue of the Financial Planning Review.
The Financial Planning Review (FPR), published by Wiley and disseminated to over 93,000 CFP® professionals nationwide, maximizes academic impact through the publication of rigorous and relevant research through a timely double-blind peer-review by respected researchers from a variety of subject areas. Learn more and read the FPR.
2022 DOCTORAL SEMINAR CALL FOR PAPERS
The ARC Doctoral Seminar offers the opportunity for PhD students in Financial Planning and Related Disciplines to receive constructive critique on their research presentations and for students and junior faculty to gain insights on professional practice from more experienced faculty. To submit, select “Doctoral Seminar” option during submission process and submit your letter of recommendation to ARC@CFPBoard.org.
Best Paper Awards:
CFP Board Center for Financial Planning is pleased to announce the best paper award opportunities for the sixth annual Academic Research Colloquium for Financial Planning and Related Disciplines:
- The CFP Board Center for Financial Planning Best Paper Award recognizes 5 of the best papers that relate directly or indirectly to financial planning practice/financial planning body of knowledge.
- The Best Paper Award in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Financial Planning will recognize the best paper that focuses on diversity and inclusion as it relates to all areas of financial planning research, education, and practice.
- The CFP Board Center for Financial Planning Emerging Scholar Best Paper Award will recognize the faculty member in their first five years in a faculty position, tenure-track or not, with the best research paper that directly or indirectly relates to financial planning practice. Authors who are in their first five years of a faculty position, tenure-track or not and regardless of academic focus, are eligible for this award.