CFP Board has partnered with Fidelity Investments, the founding sponsor of the CFP Board Career Center, to
establish an exam scholarship program. The exam scholarship award covers the full registration fee for the
CFP® Certification Exam. There are a limited number of scholarships available for each CFP® Certification Exam window.
The application period is now open for scholarships to be awarded for candidates sitting for the July 2017 CFP® Exam.
To be eligible for a CFP® exam scholarship, the applicant must meet these five requirements. They must:
- Have earned a degree (undergraduate, graduate, or certificate) in financial planning from a CFP Board-Registered program.
- Be sitting for the CFP® exam for the first time.
- Have completed at least one (1) financial planning internship or work full time in the financial planning industry.
- Have an active CFP Board account established. To create an account, visit CFP.net/CreateAccount.
- Submit a description (500 words or less) written by the applicant as to why he/she is seeking CFP® certification.
Applicants must send a signed letter that includes their CFP Board ID number and contact information and that describes how they meet the above stated criteria.
To be considered, applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Send as an email attachment to Dr. Lisa Andrews, Manager, CFP Board Career Center: CareerCenter@cfpboard.org.
CFP® Exam Scholarship Committee
c/o Dr. Lisa Andrews
1425 K Street NW, # 800
Washington, DC 20006
For questions regarding the scholarship process, please contact Dr. Lisa Andrews, Manager, CFP Board Career Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline and Announcement
All scholarship applications must be received by CFP Board no later than Monday, May 1, 2017.
Scholarship recipients will be announced on Monday, May 8, 2017. Recipients will be notified by email.