There are more than 69,000 professionals in the United States authorized by CFP Board to use the CFP® certification marks. A significant number of those CFP® professionals are employed by a small number of national firms. CFP Board enjoys strong working relationships with many of these firms and helps support internal efforts to increase the number of CFP® professionals and to make sure that firms have an accurate understanding of the requirements for CFP® certification.
Why CFP® Certification is good for your firm
Learn more about how we work with employers
The Value of CFP® Certification for Firms
The need for personal financial planning expertise is greater than ever, and CFP® certification is the financial planning designation most recognized by consumers and most desired within the financial services industry. CFP® certification can be a key differentiator for firms and individual financial professionals looking to improve the quality of their advice and provide additional value to clients
Resources & Updates
CFP Board can assist your firm in these ways:
- Collateral materials to support internal efforts to encourage certification.
- Updates about CFP Board policies and procedures that may impact CFP® professionals or candidates for CFP Board's certification at the firm.
- Firm Reports, which show those CFP® professionals who have reported an affiliation with a firm, allowing the firm to recognize newly certified individuals or to identify those who are close to their renewal date.
- The opportunity to join CFP Board and other firms at an annual meeting to discuss CFP® certification and financial planning in the context of a corporate environment.
- Personal visits and a contact within CFP Board to answer questions.
To learn more about how CFP Board can support the efforts of firms, please contact Joe Maugeri, CFP®, CFP Board’s Director of Firm Relations, at email@example.com.