Welcome to our year-end issue of INSIGHT. This issue highlights some of CFP Board's 2013 events and initiatives. If you have any questions, or would like additional information on any of the items below, please don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a wonderful holiday season, and a happy New Year.
Joseph Maugeri, CFP® Sara Muehlbauer
Director of Firm Relations Firm Relations Manager
Survey: Consumers Want Advisers to Focus on Financial Planning
According to a survey released by CFP Board in August, 91% of respondents expect a financial adviser to take into account their total financial situation, and 70% said they’d prefer to work with a financial adviser who provides comprehensive financial planning services.
Additional insights include:
Click here to access additional information, including the announcement and a copy of the survey.
- 84% of respondents said certifications play a role in choosing a financial adviser.
- 87% said they would feel more confident working with someone who has a financial planning certification.
- 48% of all respondents, and 64% of respondents between the ages of 18 and 24, said that “strong knowledge of financial planning” was most important to them in choosing a financial adviser.
CFP Board Appoints Women's Initiative Advisory Panel
In May 2013, CFP Board Chair, Nancy Kistner, CFP®, announced an initiative to increase the number of women entering the financial planning profession, including the number of female CFP® professionals.
Currently, only about 23 percent of the nearly 69,000 CFP® professionals are female - a statistic that hasn't shifted in a decade. To inform the initiative's efforts, CFP Board appointed a Women's Initiative Advisory Panel made up of leading experts in the financial planning field.
The Advisory Panel is helping to identify the challenges women face when becoming certified and beginning a career in financial planning, and will recommend solutions to increase the ranks of female CFP® professionals.
To read the announcement and see a list of the panel members, click here.
CFP® Professionals Show Continued Satisfaction with CFP® Certification
In November, CFP Board released the results of a survey that provided an in-depth picture of CFP® professionals’ perceptions of the value of their CFP® certification, its impact on their careers, and their views of CPF Board and the financial planning profession. A previous version of the survey was conducted in 2011.
Key findings from the 2013 survey include:
- 91% of respondents are very satisfied with their career choice in financial planning. This is a six point increase from the 2011 survey.
- 92% are very satisfied with their decision to pursue CFP® certification.
- 76% strongly agree that CFP® certification contributes directly to their own professional success.
For additional information on the survey, as well as a copy of the results, please click here.
Know Someone Who Should Receive this Newsletter?
Send their full name and email address to Sara Muehlbauer, here.