CFP Board accepts for Continuing Education (CE) credit only programs that address topics identified in either the lists of Job Task Domains or Principal Topics identified through CFP Board's comprehensive 2009 Job Analysis Study.
CE programs must:
- Increase the professional competency of CFP® professionals
- Be developed by person(s) qualified in the subject matter
- Contain current, accurate content
- Be presented in an appropriate design and format
- Use a title that accurately represents the program's content
For more information, and to review the terms and conditions of CE Sponsor registration, download CFP Board's Continuing Education Sponsor Registration Agreement (PDF, 90KB) and review the CE Sponsor Fee Schedule (PDF, 53KB).
Additional requirements apply to CE programs on CFP Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct. Learn more about registering a program on CFP Board ethical standards >
Register CE Programs Online
If you have developed a CE program, online registration is available for CE Sponsors currently registered with CFP Board.
To register CE programs with CFP Board online, log in and follow the step-by-step instructions. If you have never logged in, your organization's password will be set to your organization's CFP Board CE Sponsor ID number.
After logging in, you will need to:
- Provide information about the CE program, including the title, the program ID number, one or two paragraphs describing the content of the program, and contact information from the program contact person.
- Indicate the method of delivery for the program (live, self-study or Internet).
- Request the number of CE hours the program will be accepted for, including which financial planning topics those hours relate to (General Principles of Financial Planning, Insurance Planning and Risk Management, Employee Benefits Planning, Investment Planning, Income Tax Planning, Retirement Planning or Estate Planning).
- Provide the start date of the program.
- Pay the program registration fee online with a valid credit card.
- Provide acknowledgement that the program meets CFP Board's CE standards.
Please Note: Online registration is not available for programs related to CFP Board’s ethical standards. Learn more about registering a program on CFP Board ethical standards
Call CFP Board at 800-487-1497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.