To help spread the word about the importance and benefits of working with a CFP® professional and to raise awareness about CFP® certification, CFP Board has created content for CFP® professionals to use on their personal or business-related social media channels. Before using any of this content, please check with your compliance department to insure adherence to applicable regulations.
General Social Media Tips
- Schedule the posting of your content at times that your followers are most likely to be on their social media networks.
- Spread out your social media posts to avoid cluttering your followers' feeds and work in original content in between CFP Board-created posts.
- When space allows, include in your posts a link to CFP Board's consumer website, http://www.letsmakeaplan.org, or to your website that features your CFP® certification.
- Use a link shortening tool such as bit.ly, ow.ly or goo.gl to shorten links and track click-through rates.
Find additional tips on using social media in CFP Board's Social Media Guide for CFP® Professionals (PDF, 2 MB).
- Follow CFP Board accounts @CFPBoard and @EleanorBlayney.
- Retweet CFP Board-generated posts to your followers.
- Post versions of the sample posts that follow:
Bring all your finances together with the help of the 1 person who can: a CFP® professional
Pull together your finances with a comprehensive approach and the help of a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
Integrity, Objectivity, Competence, Fairness, Confidentiality, Professionalism, Diligence = the ethical standards of CFP® professionals
Your finances cannot manage themselves, but they may try. Get help from a CFP® professional
Confused by all those letters financial planners use? The CFP® certification stands above the rest
Look for the CFP® mark: it distinguishes #financial planners who take the commitment to education, experience and ethics seriously
Too much information when it comes to your personal finances? Let a CFP® professional make sense of it all
Need financial advice but not sure where to go? Stick to professionals with the CFP® certification: the standard in financial planning
Are you running from 1 financial specialist to another? Find a CFP® professional who takes a comprehensive approach & makes sense of it all
A piecemeal approach to personal finance leaves a lot of cracks. Try the comprehensive view of a CFP® professional
The ethical standards of CFP® professionals: Integrity, Objectivity, Competence, Fairness, Confidentiality, Professionalism, Diligence