CFP Board has partnered with Fidelity Investments, the founding sponsor of the CFP Board Career Center, to
establish an exam scholarship program. The exam scholarship award covers the full registration fee for the
CFP® Certification Exam.
The application period is now open for scholarships to be awarded for candidates sitting for the March 2017 CFP® Exam. There will be a maximum of 10 scholarships awarded.
To be eligible for a CFP® exam scholarship, the applicant must meet these five requirements. They must:
- Have earned a degree (undergraduate or graduate) in financial planning from a CFP Board-Registered program with a graduation date of May 2016 or earlier.
- Be sitting for the CFP® exam for the first time.
- Have completed at least one (1) financial planning internship.
- Have an active CFP Board account established. To create an account, visit CFP.net/CreateAccount.
- Submit a description (500 words or less) written by the applicant as to why he/she is seeking CFP® certification.
Applicants must send a signed letter that includes their CFP Board ID number and contact information and that describes how they meet the above stated criteria.
To be considered, applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Send as an email attachment to Dr. Lisa Andrews, Manager, CFP Board Career Center: CareerCenter@cfpboard.org.
CFP® Exam Scholarship Committee
c/o Dr. Lisa Andrews
1425 K Street NW, # 800
Washington, DC 20006
For questions regarding the scholarship process, please contact Dr. Lisa Andrews, Manager, CFP Board Career Center, at email@example.com.
Application Deadline and Announcement
All scholarship applications must be received by CFP Board no later than Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
Scholarship recipients will be announced on Monday, February 20, 2016. Recipients will be notified by email.